EVALUATIONS AND FEES
Thank you for considering a saddle fit evaluation or fitting for your horse. So that we can give you and your horse the best possible service, please
- check your email after you submit your registration, appointments are scheduled first come first serve
- allow 2-3 hours for your saddle fit evaluation or fitting, horses don't care about our schedule, we need to be flexible
- do not schedule any other appointments for your horse on the day of your evaluation or fitting, your horse will likely be ridden several times during the evaluation, to get an accurate assessment he should not be tired
- have your horse groomed and ready to measure, but let him wait for us in his stall until we are ready for him
- be prepared to have the primary rider ride the horse in the regular saddle at the appointment, but please NO riding before the evaluation (lunging a fresh horse is OK)
- practice having your horse stand still and square so we can get the most accurate measurements possible
- bring your trainer, spouse, friend or all of the above, the more the merrier
After we have measured you, your horse and your saddle we will have you ride in your current saddle without a saddle pad if possible. Riding without the pad helps us to see what the saddle is doing while we are riding. After the static & dynamic fit evaluations we will explain your options, which could be
- Your saddle fits as good as humanly possible and nothing needs to be done except to recheck it again in 6 months.
- Your saddle or pad needs to be adjusted.
- If your non-adjustable saddle does not fit, you are welcome to try one of our adjustable saddles. (we promise no high pressure sales)
- You can keep the saddle and buy a new horse to fit it.
The evaluation fee at your barn is $149 per horse. Service is limited to 60 miles from
1725 Gablehammer Rd.
Westminster MD 21157
There is no additional fee for adjusting Specialized & TW Saddles